- 1010.March.SundayNo events
- 1111.March.MondayNo events
- 1212.March.TuesdayNo events
Resiliency Forums sponsored by New York Sea Grant and the Department of State/South Shore Estuary Reserve.200 East Sunrise Highway North Lindenhurst, NY 11757https://lirpc.org/event/resiliency-forums-sponsored-by-new-york-sea-grant-and-the-department-of-state-south-shore-estuary-reserve/200 East Sunrise Highway North Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Come learn about the hazards we face as coastal property owners and steps you can take to improve the resilience of your home in response to flooding events. Guest speakers will include representatives from The Nature Conservancy, NYS Department of State and Stony Brook University’s School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences.
- 1414.March.ThursdayNo events
- 1616.March.Saturday6062 Sound Avenue Riverhead, NY 11901https://lirpc.org/event/connect-kids-to-parks-marine-debris-in-our-marine-environment/6062 Sound Avenue Riverhead, NY 11901
Join the Atlantic Marine Conservation Society to learn about how our local marine environment is harmed by marine debris such as littered straws, plastic bottles, and “ghost” fishing gear. Learn how you can help save marine wildlife by monitoring our beaches. A beach walk and clean-up will follow, weather permitting.